Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Camping Kelly Park. Kayaking, snorkeling, hiking


 Soft shell turtle

Up with the owls. 6:51 AM







Views of, and from the campsite


Site 14 is the most secluded in the 26-site campground.   On the left, the sidewalk that lead to the day use area.  On the right, the dump station.  So, no neighbors.
Walking to the Spring head.  The plan was to start heading to it just before 8.  Even campers are not allowed on the water or trail, before 8 AM.  I was at the campsite.  "Shoot, its  8!"  Got on the bike.  Halfway there, "Shoot, forgot my backback!"  With snorkel gear. Went back to get it.
Even with the delay, I was at the Spring head at 8:14
First one in the water





.






.





.






.End of the swim











After breakfast, I went to get the gate code for Camp Joy.  Had to wait for 3 or 4 people in front of me.  First time that has happened.  Kelly Park reached its 250 vehicle capacity as I waited

On the water at 10:00 AM


Paddled down the Run




The sign marks the entry to Wekiwa Springs State Park. End edit











































.

































Stopped at the Big Buck campsite for lunch.


I began the return paddle








































I mistakenly deleted a lot of photos. I landed, went back to the campsite, with the intention of doing a short paddle at 4 PM. For a variety of reasons, including leaving the lifejacket and paddle in the car, that did not happen.  So, I went for a hike.





iPhone 7 photos.  had the main camera, too,. but this was part of the set I deleted.









Rock Springs



Still a good, or bad, depending on your perspective at the Spring at 6:20 PM.  A Girl Scout Troop got in the water with their tubes.  I waited a while, people at the spring head made a space for me, and I got in the Run for the second time this day.

























Back at the campsite


No comments: