Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Rock Springs Run, last day Kelly Park Camping


4740
My first morning at Kelly Park, I snorkeled before the masses arrived. Day 2, Sunday, I kayaked.  This is the Day Use entrance at 8:10 AM.  I was leaving the camping entrance.
On the water at 8:25




Paddled up Rock Springs Run




I thought I was the first one on the water.  Kings Landing, the adjacent private concession, opens at 8. But, then I saw someone ahead of me.  Must live on the Run, I thought. 
After a while, I could hear paddles banging on the "kayak" . I use the term loosely .  It was the rear of a tour group in those stupid clear "kayaks".  They look like bathtubs.  Deep and wide, holding two people. Wide craft and inexperienced paddlers, means a lot of banging.  Fortunately, they stopped.  I passed them




















































































































4852

No comments: