Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, April 4, 2022

Upper Myakka Lake


 
Hogs rooting as I drove from the cabin to Upper Myakka Lake



Vulture on the concession building exhaust hood. The concession is closed. Food and beverage is outside as it undergoes repairs. "For the floor" a young lady at the food truck told me on Saturday. I don't know about that.  As the restrooms are open, and all the souvenir stuff is brought out onto the walkway, outside the store/food service spot. 

On the water at 7:50







I saw very few white pelicans this winter. Probably because I did not do much coastal kayaking 


Looking where the dam used to be. It is gone. 







































Boat ramp is closed to motorboats due to low water





Landed at 9:08. At the rental concession. Where a worker weed wacking asked if I ever got stuck. Nope. 

Sitting on a bench near the tour boat, getting the "Airboat WIFI"  The park no longer uses air boats.  YAAAy!

Headed back to the cabin, showered,  made a road breakfast, and headed to work.  East bound I-4 was stop and go from Polk City to the 429 toll.  I took the toll road. Got to work at 1:05.  If traffic was moving, would have been 12:40-45.  Without going 72-75 to make up time.  

No comments: