Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Lakes Maitland, Nina, and Minnehaha


 The Great Donut in the Sky

Launched from Fort Maitland Park at 6:51 PM.  It likely will be the last time I will do this until October.  A construction project starts Monday. 5 month timeline, "weather permitting".  Fucking idiots. Winter is construction season in Florida.  Summer heat, hurricanes, daily thunder storms will cause delays. I doubt it will take 5 months.





Lake Nina



Lake Minnehaha
































Landed at 7:59.  I had never seen so many boat trailers at Fort Maitland. Half a dozen or so were illegally parked on the grass. A opportunity for the City of Maitland to raise some revenue.  A police officer was walking past the vehicles, checking windshields.  For parking passes, I presume.  He was in his car as I left.  Prapering tickets, perhaps.  

No comments: