Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, February 27, 2023

Lake Dorr Cabin, Juniper Creek



Last photos of Lake Dorr before my 9 AM check out time.

Stopped before locking the gate at 8:15.  The "road" to the cabin is narrow.  I did not want the cleaning crew to be coming the other way.   And, I had to make a 38 mile detour to go to Juniper Creek before work at 12:30.

On the Creek at 9:07


Two well hidden deer on the right bank.

A juvenile bald eagle on the left.


Sweetwater Springs Run


Little Sweetwater Spring. I think.



Another deer.  Same one as the opening photo


Turned around at the rapids





.









Limestone








Two paddleboarders came up stream.  Not something I would do, even if I paddleboarded.  Juniper Creek is too fast and full of low branches and under water obstacles.
I wondered if they were in the Sweetwater Cabin.  Should have asked.  The probably were not, as I heard voices as I kayaked past,


Two more small groups of paddlers came up the Creek.


Saw just one gator







 Landed at 10:42.  Clocked in to work at 12:38.  Stopped 3 times to tighten assorted lines.  Drove slowly with a kayak, sailboat and trailer. 

No comments: