Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, February 11, 2023

Sebastain River and Honest John's Fish Camp


 Loon.

30 minutes before sunrise
Sebastian River at Dale Wimbrow Park. Where I parked the car and biked back to my kayak at the Sebastain Canoe launch


.


4 mile bike ride.

On the River at 8:37




.
























































And people think kayaking with alligators is dangerous....




.


Landed just past 11
Gopher tortoise as I returned to the Sebastian River Canoe Launch to retrieve my bike
Indian River from A1A

Sebastian Inlet State Park










Sebastian Inlet State Park is large. 3 miles of Atlantic beach north and south of the namesake Inlet.  Camping on the Indian River side.  2 additional entrances on the River side. The southernmost is where you launch kayaks.  $3 launch fee.  I did not put in, because I wanted to go to Honest John's Fish Camp.




Loon



















Indian River looking a bit rough through the mangroves.  I stayed  in shetered waters


























Landed at 3:08


To enter Honest John's you have to call to get the gate code.  The phone number is at the gate.
Back at the condo.  In time to go bowling at Patrick Space Force Base.
My sister in law's sister is married a retired Navy guy.  It was her birthday.  My sister in law, is a pretty good bowler.  Her sister is great.  Their parents owned a movie theater and bowling alley when they were kids.  No, not the Oriental.  One in St. Mary's, West Virgina.   As for me, I suck in anything that requires skill and coordination.   I had the worst scores in the group.   

Finished the day at the base Tiki Bar.
Began the next day with a 12:07 AM rocket launch. Moon, above.


A guy on the dune crossover with us said, "Wait for the colors in the contrail"  I thought, I've never seen that....







No comments: