Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, February 2, 2020

Trailer Camping Wekiwa Springs State Park, Saturday


With shuttles from Wekiva Outfitters.
Bill met me at Wekiwa Springs State Park at 7:50 AM.  I asked the entrance station ranger about leaving my car and camper in the parking lot near the entrance.  No problem.  We then went to Kelly Park, got the code for the Camp Joy gate.  To Camp Joy, where the code did not work.  Had to use the January code to get in. It is a long cart to Rock Springs Run, but after all that, I was on the water at 8:52.
 Rain, so I used the Olympus TG-5 as I paddled up the Run.



 Bridge at the end of the Kelly Park tube, or for me, snorkel run.











































Air mail







 Otters. There were 5 or 6.









Those twigs must be the catbird seat.



My usual turn around point when paddling up the Run from Wekiwa Springs State Park.  



 Pigs











 The mound that gives Indian Mound Campsite its name

I wanted to dry off a bit.  Of course the intermittent rain was in one of its mittent periods when I landed.










Otter Campsite was occupied
























Arrived at Wekiwa Springs State Park at 2:30.
Got the trailer situated at site 55. Put on dry shirt and jacket and went to the Springs.


I had been thinking, it was a good day for chili.  I asked the concession worker if they had any.  Yes. How is it?   Meh.. we are using Hormel from a can.  I got the pulled pork.  And a Maduro brown ale from Cigar City Brewing.
 I did not have to use my rag to dry the seat.  The worker did it for me.




Snorkeling























Red shouldered hawk at the spring

 Walk from the campsite













No comments: