Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, March 14, 2021

Anastasia to Tomoka

Saturday night, I walked the mile from my campsite at Anastasia State Park to the beach.  If I did that Sunday morning, I would have missed the sunrise.  So, I drove.

St. Augustine Beach Pier, to the north

 


Sun coming up at 7:33.  Being the first day of Daylight Savings, it felt like 6:33























View from the concession. Which has the best wi fi of any State Par I have been to so far. 

Ancient Dunes Trail
The Ocean used to be further inland
Over the millennia, a forest has grown where was once sand and seat oats 



 





Squirrel!

The steps app on my phone says I climbed 5 flights of stairs. I have no idea how it works, but it is accurate.  It says I climb 8 flights Monday -Friday.  I work on the 3rd floor.  2 breaks and lunch means 4 times up and down.

Back at Site 66
Before leaving, I visited the folks in Site 64.  They had a Runaway Range Runner.   A wider, by 2 feet, trailer.

On Salt Run at 10:57
The Atlantic is on the other side of these dunes










































































































00






No comments: