Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Friday, March 12, 2021

Rock Springs Run

On the Wekiva River, Wekiwa Springs State Park, where the main access to the river is still blocked, at 4:26.




Rock Springs Run






 
Turned around at the 6 mile sign. Which meant I had paddled about 2





 































In addition to the birds you see here, I saw a piglet and a gatorlet








Landed at 6:42.  Made the loooonnnggg walk through the picnic area to my car. 
The Park Manager, in response to my complaint about closing off the traditional access, wrote:
"In the past we have made measurements and found that access from Parking Area 3 is the shortest and has the least slope. Our staff and ranger readily share this information with anybody with who ask."

The only thing true in that statement is it has the least slope.  I asked to see the measurements, he did not respond. 

No comments: