Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Friday, March 26, 2021

Santa Fe River

On the water at 6:40.   I had hoped to paddle the Ichetucknee, but a back up at the Turnpike- I75 merger spoiled that plan.
 
Launched from the ramp next to US 27. Last Friday, it was the ramp next to US 441. This one is on the way to Ichetucknee. A much quicker access. At the Ich, you have to unload the kayak, than drive back to the parking area, and walk back to the water.  Not to mention, getting off the water before the gate closes.  I have pulled in front of that gate, to complete securing my kayak, at a ranger locked it behind me. 


Limestone


Alligator Rise. Part of the Santa Fe reemerges here, after going underground





There were at least 5 deer in the woods.







Alligator Swallet. Where the River goes underground




















-


Back at Alligator Rise-----------









Landed at 7:38

Moon reflecting in the Santa Fe


Santa Fe River map.  My hotel in Tallahassee was not on it. Long drive ahead. 



No comments: