Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, March 6, 2021

Silver River

A Friday afternoon stop on the way to the Panhandle. I had hoped to be on the water about 5:30.  But, there was  a meeting at work at 3:30.  Which is just dumb.  Meetings should never be on Monday morning, when employees are recovering from the weekend, or Friday afternoon, when they are looking forward to it. So, instead of clocking out at 3:42,  I left at 3:56.  You are saying, Dave, its only 14 minutes, what's the big deal?  The big deal is traffic, which gets heavier by the minute on Friday afternoon in the Orlando Metro area.  I was further delayed by some one driving 55, the speed limit, on Highway 19 in the Ocala National Forest.  Kayak on the roof and towing my camping trailer, I did not attempt a pass.
So, it was 5:56 PM when I launched from Ray's Wayside














I was on my way back down the River when I heard a manatee exhale.  Turned around, and was able to get a few pictures.








Landed at 6:41.  Got the kayak on the Outback, and began the long drive to Marianna, and the Stone B&B.

No comments: