Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, December 20, 2021

Rock Springs Run


 Two Mondays ago, it was deer in the parking lot at Wekiwa Springs State Park.  This week, turkeys.

On the Wekiva River at 8:01.



Down the Wekiva


Blue heron

Anhinga

Up Rock Springs Run


This tree had blocked the main channel for a couple months.  Removed in time for the holiday crowds. Which is too bad, as I knew how to get around it. 

Ibis
Woodstork





Crazy eight, or Florida snowman?











Big Buck Campsite. My turn back point.  Saw a doe on the way up Rock Springs Run













Saw a hog, and heard more, on the way downstream





No gators on an overcast morning.









Great egret







Worker from the State Park towing a kayak back from Wekiva Island.  As usual, a Wekiva Island kayak was at Wekiwa Springs State Park when I arrived.  I said to her, "Beats driving a car to get it"  "I'm getting paid!"




Landed at 11:18
A quiet enough late morning that a great blue heron was on the edge of the spring before I got in.


Armored catfish at the secondary spring vent



Turtle

The main spring















No comments: