Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Thursday, December 16, 2021

Sanibel Wednesday 12-15-2021

 

Started the last morning walk of this year's December Sanibel stay at 8:10 PM.  Got to bed after 2PM































Balcony view
Bike ride before kayaking. I had picked up a nephew and his wife at the airport at 11:45 PM. The family and friends group stayed up for them.  And me.  As noted above,   I was up to 2 AM. The younger set was up later. Plus, a delicious was being served, poolside, at noon. 










Off the bike on the trail near the cemetery


Back on the bike
Pedaled through Periwinkle Park to look at the RV sites in the trailer park. Yes, fancy Sanibel Island has a trailer park .  With Sanibel prices.  $62.00 a night this time of year. $42 in the summer

Periwinkle Park parrots.











After a wonderful lunch at the pool, warm ham and rolls, courtesy of the Bennets, and Jeff's famous salad, Eillen, Stephanie and I headed to Ding Darling.
White pelicans from Wildlife Drive
On the water from the second launch site, at 1:56.

Wulfert Keys
We saw several manatees, but I was unable to get any good photos





Manatee, below



Crab under the bridge



Manatee under Eillen's paddle. It kissed her kayak






Manatee at my kayak



Manatee under my kayak




Yellow crowned night heron


Oh, oh. Storm moving in


Smiling after the storm



Landed at 4:12

Last look at the beach





Family dinner at Grandma Dots, I got home after midnight.

No comments: