Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Mosquito Lagoon


On Mosquito Lagoon, from Parking Lot 7 in the Canaveral National Seashore, at 9:58.









Paddled to Castle Windy. An Indian Mound, and trail to the Atlantic.




Having seen standing water in  parts of the park, I expected mosquitos.  None bothered me. 



Atlantic Ocean




 







I think this is one of the nicest short walks in Florida. When the skeeters aren't out.






Shells on the shell mound. Below.











Manatee.  Saw a few more during the paddle. Dolphins, too.










Eldora State House












One mound to another.
Turtle Mound has a boardwalk.

I'm getting old. The boardwalk was been replaced twice in my Florida lifetime. I think the first was to make it ADA compliant.















Catch of the day.





Landed at 2:57

No comments: