Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Sanibel. Last Day, Peace River on the way home.

Caught the delayed sunrise through the balcony screen and clouds this morning. Before going on my last day at Sanibel morning beach walk.
 




Tide was waaay out.

















Had breakfast, packed, said my goodbyes to my brother and sister in law, and headed home.

But first, a stop at Pioneer Park in Zolfo Springs to paddle the Peace River.  On the water at 11:40. The River was higher and flowing faster than it was when I stopped here in June.  Limestone shoals I saw back then, were under water today.
On the water at 11:42. Told myself I  would paddle up River until  1:00.  Did not make it that long. It was hard paddling upstream.







Below is the up River view when I turned around. Time was 12:32.  The Peace River was not very peaceful. It was a hard paddle against the current. And, wind. 
















Landed at 12:59

Buildings that are part of a museum at Pioneer Park.  Camping is also available.








No comments: