Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, November 7, 2020

Withlacoochee


River, State Trail, and State Forest
 

I had left the kayak at the Silver Lake Day Use Area, now I was leaving my car at Lake Townsend Regional Park, and biking back to Silver Lake

About 6.6 miles on the Withlacoochee State Trail


Have to lift the bike over this guardrail to get on Silver Lake Road from the trail




On the River at 10:26.  Silver Lake is a wide spot on the Withlacoochee River
I launched from the shore, a bit upstream of the boat ramp

Interstate 75 traffic noise was drowned out by a jet ski on Silver Lake







Camping on the river


Iron Bridge Day Use Area. In the Withlacooche State Forest.
As I passed this armada, I learned it is a group of 20 or so that does this paddle ever year.






















I thought of stopping, but a loud group, not the earlier armada, was behind me, so I kept going. 




























It would appears that the locals have conceded and taken down the. Drump flags.  Put the usual other loser flags back up.



The sign reads; Native Animal Habitat, set aide by.......








Lake Townsend. Like Silver Lake, a wide place on the River.




Landed at 1:41
My favorite Lake in Lake County.

No comments: