Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Friday, November 6, 2020

Shingle Creek

A location I had not paddled before.
I would write, "Headwaters of" not, to the Everglades. This is on Highway 192. A main road to Disney World. The park where I launched is just off it.
I paddled up Creek

The creek is well marked









The guys at the rental concession said the Do Not Enter sign is so their customers come back.

I kept going for a while, then turned around


There are a couple sections of  Shingle Creek Regional Park along Shingle Creek.

I made a stop.



Back in the kayak













I passed where I put in, and kept going










 




























I did not stop.










I wonder how many markers there are.  I turned around at number 35 














I made another stop on park land











About a 3.5 mile paddle.  Followed by a bike ride.












Eventually, the Shingle Creek Trail will go from Kissimmee to Orlando.









Despite the Welcome sign, the Historical buildings were closed




I was here with the kayak, earlier.





I turned around here.

Don't know why I am smiling.  While kayaking, I looked at my phone to see where the auto noise was coming from. Hoagland Blvd.  As I did, I saw a missed a call.  The number looked familiar.  Work.  I called. They need me back.  To handle damage claims.  To rental cars.  So, posing at the junk yard is appropriate.





No comments: