Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, October 24, 2021

Econlockhatchee River


     Lots of cars at the Snow Hill Road bridge, over the Econlockhatchee River.

I got on my bike, and pedaled to the County Road 419 Bridge. Where my kayak was waiting,



6 mile ride, 25 minutes
Slope to the Econ


On the water at 9:53





Tri colored heron




Passed three kaykers, then another pair.










This gator made a splash that was so loud, people hiking down Rover heard it.

Limpkin



No way I would jump from that plaform.









Great blue heron








Juvenile blue heron



Belted kingfisher.   Did not see any bald eagles. Which, years ago, I would  see almost every time I was on the Econ.

Flagler  Trail Bridge. Stopped to pee and get a sandwich out of my cooler. 






















Brief shower











Landed at 1:17


No comments: