Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Friday, October 29, 2021

Peace River


 
Launch from Pioneer Park in Zolfo Springs at 4:44. Left work at 2.  Figured, that early I would not have to take the toll road around Orlando to avoid traffic. Wrong!  Traffic downtown Orlando was bad.  Just as bad, after a couple mile respite, all the way to U.S. 27 in Polk County.
I took the route through the middle of the State, as it was too windy to stop on the coast to kayak on the way to Sanibel Island.

U.S. 17



Blue heron and great blue heron.








The gator made a very smooth, one might say peaceful, jump into the river



Only house I saw as I paddled up stream. There are a couple campgrounds. In addition to camping at Pioneer Park, where I launched. 



I went farther up the Peace River than I had on 2 other, or is it 3? visits here.  





The Peace has a limestone bottom


                                      The one home                                     





A tributary









































Landed at 6:43.  Arrived at Sanibel, 2 hours later.

No comments: