Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, October 25, 2021

Wekiva River and Rock Springs Run


On the Wekiva at 7:47





Black crowned night heron




Into Rock Springs Run
Detour around a log blocking the main channel
Limpkin

Blue heron






Anhinga





Fall in Florida
I went up steam of the Big Buck Camp site, below, before turning around.










The branch sticking out is the marker for the detour around the downed tree, above.






 

Back on the Wekiva








Landed at 11:11

Snorkeled, in lieu of a shower, before work. 
Only one other person in the spring when I got in the water.

















A new kiosk about protecting the spring and river. It says you can ask for a trash picker upper and bag. I like that.

Out of the water at 11:50, changed, picked up a sub at Publix, clocked in at work at 12:32.  Would have been on time (12:30) but I had to stop because the cockpit cover came off the kayak.  It has a hook that kept it hanging.  A few weeks ago, I lost one.  Wondered how I did not notice it. As, it will fall off, than bang against the car as the hook on the front bungee, keeps it attached.   Sometime later, I notice the hook, on the bungee.  The cover had ripped away from the hook.

No comments: