Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, February 7, 2021

Rainbow River, Saturday 2-6-2020

------------------------------------------------------
 2762  Things did not get off to a good start for my first visit to the Rainbow Springs State Park Campground.  The Campground is 6 miles from the day use part of the Park.  My plan was to park at the campground, and launch the kayak.   But, the entrance has a gate, and a sign, "Open 10 AM".   So, I backed up.  Not thinking about the trailer.  Until I heard a crunch. Shit, what did I hit.  Nothing. Well, other than my car. The short tonged trailer jackknifes very, very easily.  The crunch was it hitting the car. Or vice versa.  The impact damaged the frame that holds the pin that slides in and out to raise and lower the wheel on the tongue.   I could not budge it.  Which meant, I would have to lift the trailer by hand.

I went to the day use area.























































Soft shell turtle































































No comments: