Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, February 7, 2021

Rainbow Springs State Park


The above was not my breakfast view.  That came later.
This was my breakfast view at the Rainbow Springs State Park Campground



It had rained from late Saturday afternoon until early in the morning.  But Sunday was living up to its name. I was on the Rainbow River at 9:15.






Diving cormorant




 



Bald eagle





-



A short paddle to the beginning of the Rainbow River.





My main camera died.  So, using the Olympus Tough.  Minimal zoom



Works great, hand over the side, when the bluegills are curious.












Rainbow Swamp Run











Where run meets river, I stepped out of the kayak.
And snorkeled the rest of the way.



Towing the kayak behind me.













On Saturday I learned, in a heavy rain, the back of my trailer leaks
The campground at Rainbow Springs is a seperate parcel, 6 miles my car from the day use area.   I left the campground, and arrived at the day use area around 1PM.


Azaleas are in bloom


And, roses





The falls are arificial




























The swim area has a few small vents












Mermaid.  Doing a shoot and story for a mermaid magazine.  "There's a mermaid magazine?"  I asked. 
Yes, https://www.fins-magazine.com/

Small springs from the walkway to the kayak launch area.

I headed home about 2:45.

No comments: