Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, December 12, 2022

1000 Islands, Cocoa Beach

Began the day on the beach.





No visible sunrise

Nicole damage.  The staircase at the condo I was at had been damaged but repaired.


Pelicans

I did not walk far, but my, (Well, my brother's)  condo, was the only one without a seawall or riprap.  Just the natural dune.  It had the widest beach.




On the Banana River from Ramp Road Park at 8:45
This area is called 1000 Islands.  I have kayaked here twice before.  The last time was August, 2008.



 Just read the Yak Tale from that paddle.   No pictures of any markers in the mangroves.








Good practice for the upcoming weekend when I hope to paddle the Turner River in the Big Cypress Preserve. 










I did not think I would have time paddling back to the launch site via open water, so I retraced my strokes through the mangroves












Getting busy at the Ramp Road launch site.














Landed at 10:51.  I think it will be sooner than 12 years before I am here again.  Brother Pat has been taking a nice long vacation nearby the last few years.  Good to have a sheltered paddling spot when I visit.  

No comments: