Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, December 18, 2022

Turner River


 Red shouldered hawks were excited that the rain stopped.

A lot of rain fell on the Midway Campground in the wee hours of the morning.







The next several photos are from the Oasis Visitors Center.




I had noticed the birds when I drove past on Saturday, so I stopped on the way to the Turner River.



On the Turner River at 9:17.  Just ahead of a tour group.



Narrow channel is good practice before it gets really tight

















This is what I mean by "tight".  A brief opening, then back in the mangrove tunnel








I broke a lot of spider webs




Out of the mangrove tunnel










Back in the mangroves, returning upriver.










A pair of blue jays flitted about.  Not the first bird I think of being in a mangrove swamp




I encountered two paddling groups as I made my way up the Turner River. One led by Chris, of Everglades Area Tours.


.
















Landed at noon



No comments: