Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, December 18, 2022

Isles of Capri Paddlecraft Park and Turner River

 

Saturday, December 17 I was in Naples on business.   Kayak business.  To buy a kayak rack from the Kayak Doctor, Jay R., and to leave one of my kayaks in his capable hands for leak and rudder repair.

I was in another kayak, at Isles of Capri Watercraft Park, at 11:14




















Good to have a landmark.









.















I am still hoping to see a panther in the wild

.





Landed at 1:50

It may cost 15 bucks, but at least there is a hose

Made a stop at the Nathaniel Reed Visitor Center


Then on to the Turner River kayak launch
Back on the water at 3:37
Did not go downriver, under US 41.  Saved that for Sunday
The alligator in the opening photo









Sometimes, I see wilddead, along with wildlife


The River does not go very far upstream

















I was glad to see hurricane winds and waters did not take away this boat.  I assume the owner/builder moved it.  
.



Landed at 4:17. Everglades Area Tour van. I have been on the Turner River with Don M. of this outfit.  I learned he was not leading the tour today.  Chris was. Would meet him on the River, Sunday. Don told me who the owner of the boat pictured above, is.  I have seen him in it, with guests, on a previous Turner River paddle.


.

My campsite at the Midway Campground.  Halfway between Naples, and Miami.  The only campground in the Big Cypress National Preserve with electricity.

The camp host told me to secure my food.  A bear had been visiting.  I did not have the good fortune of seeing it.

I have a new screen room.  Went up easily.  Not the high price Clam brand which I had.  That got all twisted and I could not set it up.  Tossed it out when I found this. 




No comments: