Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, December 26, 2022

Suwannee River, Christmas Eve


 3319


Darn cold for Florida.  26 degrees at the Hart Springs Boat ramp at 8:45 AM when I dropped off my kayak.
Drove to Fanning Springs State Park.  Just missed 5 manatees in the Spring.  Saw one in the Run to the Suwannee, above. 

Saturday mornings at the Park has, "Coffee with a Ranger"   At first I said, "No thank, you".  Then I thought, I need to wait for it to warm up, and had a cup. 
On the bike at 10:06. 9 mile ride to the Hart Springs Boat Ramp

Starts out on the Nature Coast State Trail
4.1 miles on a country road. Not pictured.  I am slow, so that helped with the wind chill.  Still, the north wind had my tennis shoe shod feet, pretty cold. 
On the Suwanne at 11:20


Made the short, up River paddle to Hart Springs


To cold, even for a resident of the North Pole to swim. Let me rephrase that. To cold to swim, then kayak 10 miles.




Back on the Suwannee




It was very low













Entering the run to Otter Spring




















Otter Spring


























.














3340

No comments: