Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, October 18, 2020

Lake Norris and Blackwater Creek


 Staying with the Blackwater theme. Fifth paddle on a waterway named, "Blackwater" since October 3. Two rivers, and a creek.

On Blackwater Creek, from the Lake Norris Conservation Area, at 9:51.







Eastern phoebes are back.  I have seen a lot over the last couple days.

Entering Lake Norris






Did not see a single osprey.  I know it is not nesting season, but not even one flying over head.



Vultures
Duck potato
Ibis




Take a bow.


Turned back, here.



It was windy, so I paddled inside the cypress trees that ring Lake Norris

First coot I have seen this season.



Another seasonal sign, the cypress needles are beginning to turn orange.






The wind picked up.  Rained a little, too.


Back to Blackwater Creek













Not passable?  I'll be the judge of that.
















Paddled almost 30 minutes past the "Unpassable"  sign.











Landed at 1:36
I wanted to bike, but my off road bike has a flat rear tire.  Did not feel like changing it.
So, I walked. 
Wonder if this is a logging skid, or part of a bridge.


















40 minute walk.

No comments: