Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Thursday, October 29, 2020

Sanibel Thursday


 Kayaking with nephew, Derek, and his spouse, Stephanie

Morning walk







2 eagles at the 16D tree




Saw the sunrise

























Dolphin. You can barely see the dorsal fin


Went kayaking with my nephew Derek, and his wife, Stephani.e






Bald eagle






I took them to where I had seen manatees.
Of course, we did not see any.   I thought I heard one. It was Derek, blowing his nose.











Finally, not to long before heading back,  we saw manatees. I failed to get a photo of any of them






Landed at 1:20. Saw two huge iguanas on the way out. Failed to get a picture of those, too. Deleted the photo of the hood of the Outback.
Start of an afternoon bike ride








Into the Bailey Homestead Preserve




City of Sanibel Retention Ponds
Gathering place for birds.
And iguanas.
When I heard this one slide in from the bank, I hoped it was an alligator.

There were a lot of iguanas.

Great egrets, cormorants, and iguanas.









Back on the bike path


To the fishing pier








Back at the condo, my brother and sister in law were off for a beach walk.  I joined them.
Found myself back at the fishing pier.







With dolphins.
















Began the day with a hare, ended with a tortoise


No comments: