Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Friday, October 16, 2020

Blackwater River, Collier-Seminole State Park. Tuesday, October 13


 I had 2 reasons to visit Southwest Florida.  One, an invitation to kayak with renowned kayak guide, Don McCumber, and two, have renowned kayak repair master, Jay Rose, replace a rudder cable.  Jay did it in about 45 minutes.  Travel Country, a bit closer to home, would have taken 45 days. 
My base for 2 day was Collier Seminole State Park.  Located on the Blackwater River. 612 miles from the Blackwater River I paddled 10 days or so ago.

On the River at 2:40

Vulture








Mud Bay












Have to admit, the map app on my phone was helpful in relocating the River to make my return paddle.











Mangrove crab







Alligator



Landed at 6.


Exhibit site, closed.









No comments: