Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, October 25, 2020

Econlockhatchee River

I did a car-bike shuttle between the 419 Bridge and the Snowhill Bridge.
 

Photos from the bike portion,


The grassy slope to the Econ River from the 419 Bridge.  A 5.1 mile ride.

On the water at 10:04
































Saw the usual alligators.  Disappointed that I did not see any bald eagles

Approaching the Flagler Trail Bridge.

Stopped, got out, walked around and ate a sandwich.  Had to be careful with my first steps. A pile of horse manure is just in front of the kayak.


911 sign on the bike trail along the river
I hoped this was an eagle.  Vulture









High sandy banks and stately live oaks distinguish the Econlockhatchee.   The section I paddled flows through the Little Big Econ State Forest.









Landed at 1:30, 8.5 miles.
Back to 419 to get my bike.


No comments: