Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Friday, October 30, 2020

Sanibel Friday

The morning walk to the fishing pier.

 


Sunrise through the clouds.

























Shell mound or just road building debris?  I think the latter.









Totem at the entrance to the condo


As it was Friday, I could not launch from Wildlife Drive in Ding Darling. Closed to give wildlife a break.  My first choice was to launch from the end of Dixie Beach Drive and paddle into Tarpon Bay. But, the waters looked a bit choppy, so I went to Tarpon Bay Explorers.
Paid the $7 launch fee, and was on Tarpon Bay at 11


The leaping dolphin in the opening photo.  I got the second leap. The first was within 15-20 yards of me.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  









Pelicans, herons and egrets roosting in the keys in Tarpon Bay














I missed the opportunity to get a photo of a sea turtle.  I saw it raise its head for a breath of air.   I paddle in the direction the head was pointing.  It came up again. Very near me.  I could see the entire body.  I lifted the camera, the lens pointing at me.  As I turned it around, the turtle dove deep into the Bay.

Into Commodore Creek


































Happy Halloween
Landed at 1:30. Followed the paddle with a visit to the Bailey Tract.












I was biking


Back at the condo, the Gulf looked inviting.




Fort Myers Beach












No comments: