Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, October 11, 2020

Wekiva River


 I had a dream.  I was riding a bike near Atwater Beach.  That is in my hometown, Shorewood, WI.  The dream inspired me to do a car-bike shuttle from Katie's Landing to Wilson's Landing on the Wekiva River today.


The two Landings are 1.7 miles apart, according to the odometer on the Outback
I was on the River, from Wilson's Landing, at 9:18








One span of the new toll road is complete.  The other, almost
The old Highway 46 bridge between the two new spans.

A sulphur spring is behind the wall.












Paddling past Katie's Landing.







Alligator
















I turned around at the unofficial campsite.

The Wekiva is high, and flowing fast.  Not to mention, the wind was out of the south.  So, I was paddling against the wind, and current.





Paddling in the rain.  I think I paddled in more rain the last 2 day than I have the last 4 months.











Manatees.  4 of them.


The water is too dark to get an underwater picture.


Saw a fish in this boat at the old Wekiva Haven









Landed at 12:46



No comments: