Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Clear Lake

One positive outcome from Covid 19 related closures of some launch sites is I need to seek out new places.  Clear Lake is just southwest of Downtown Orlando.  Like Lake Ivanhoe, it is a City, not Orange County, Park.  That means the boat ramp is open.
 A short canal leads to the Lake. I was underway at 5:47.
 I was going to turn left, but heard an eagle to my right.
 Young eagles, like young children, can be very noisy.
 An adult was on a branch overhead. It flew away before I could get a picture.
 Perhaps inspiring its offspring to get off the ground.

 The adult had joined its mate






 Clear Lake is relatively large. A brisk wind kicked up the waves.



 John Young Parkway

 Residential canal.  There are several.



 Downtown above.  Citrus Bowl, below





 If I were a really longtime Central Florida resident, I would call the Citrus Bowl, now Camping World Stadium,  the Tangerine Bowl.  But, I have only been here 31 years.



















 Back to the launch site.  I paddle past, to see if any of the eagles were still there.
 I did not see them.  The FWC has and eagle nest locator.  There is a nest on the other side of John Young Parkway.



An hour 45 minute paddle.

No comments: