Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Lake Howell

On a windy Lake Howell at 5:27 PM
 I paddled into it.

 Two bald eagles, one not yet with white feathers, flew overhead.
 A couple launched their kayaks.  After a few minutes, went back to shore.
 I was lucky to get these pictures in the wind.












 The other day, my generous friend who lets me put in at her condo, posted a osprey chick, peeking out under Mom.  I was not so fortunate.


 Someone turned the wind off




 Into Howell Creek









Gator must like this spot






 I've seen eagles on this tree.  I saw flying towards it, before I entered the Creek
 Great blue heron nest



 This gator sensed my approach,  got up, took a step, said, Ah, he's harmless, and laid back down.

 The gator went into the water as I chatted with the couple on the next dock.




I was giving up on seeing the eagles I saw flying to the snag, when I heard one behind me.







Landed at 7:44.  Happy Earth Day!

1 comment:

Betty Lynch said...

Nice pictures, it looks like the the eagle was keeping a eagle eye on you.