Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Lake Ivanhoe

Only my fourth time paddling Lake Ivanhoe, just to the north of Downtown Orlando.
 On the water at 5:30.
 The other 3 times I kayaked here was after Hurricane Irma, when lots of places were closed, after jury duty, and in May, 2018 as part of my paddle a different water every day of the month quest. Which was successful.  Despite getting a parking ticket at Lake Ivanhoe.   Parking and traffic has kept me from returning.  Not an issue these days.





 Labeled, "Paddle board dock"










 The never ending I-4 widening project






 Not, I-4









 Idle speed is the kayaker's playground.
As he stood in the tree, the kid said, "The rotation is hard to do" His "OWWW! on landing was audio proof he did not quite complete the flip.










 Long ago, Orlando's civic leaders gave the town the "City Beautiful" moniker.  Chances are, they were on Lake Ivanhoe at the time.









 Osprey




Not so beautiful

If you have to live under the freeway, not a bad one to be under









Landed at 7:15.  A good thing, as you can see the Outback was in a 2 hour parking space. I was still light out when I got home.

No comments: