Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Friday, April 17, 2020

Econlockhatchee and St. Johns River

The correct order is St. Johns, Econlockhatchee,
On the St. Johns from C.S. Lee Park at 2:53.  This, and other Seminole County boat ramps closed for a few days earlier this week.  Thanks to idiots congregating in large groups.  Power boaters, from the picture I saw.
There were a half dozen or so kayakers in the lot.  Finished with a down Rivers paddle, I assume as the kayaks were on the roofs.  Chatting, a few feet apart from each other.  "Beautiful day!" Said one.  "Yes"  I replied.  Because I am too nice to say, "Maybe for you, just paddling downstream, before the wind and rain"
Black necked stilt
It was quite windy,  in my face, of course.




Ruddy turnstone
Two brief periods of sprinkles.
Eagle bend.









Culpeper shelter. Not named for Danute.




























At times, on the twisty Econ, the wind was at my back, and I could glide.  Up river




Turned around at 5:17
"Still Hunt Area"  Looking for moonshine?















Back to Eagle Bend










Dead end.  I also went into hit on the way up River.  If I ever were a guide, I would tell my clients, "It will be a 2 hour paddle. Or 3. Or 4.

Not only did I go the wrong way, again, I went the wrong way, yet again.  Going up the Econ when I got back to the junction.  

Of course had I not gone the wrong way, I would have missed this.





Would have missed another eagle, and the opening sunset photo





Landed at 7:30
Greeted at my door, 8:33.


No comments: