Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, January 15, 2022

Geiger Key, Salt Ponds

On the water at Geiger Key, at 9:03

I'm a poet, and I know it.


Paddling past the Geiger Key Campground


















 










Feeding frenzy!




Geiger Creek













































Geiger Key Marina and Tiki Bar











Landed at 12:15. Usually I would have lunch at the Tiki Bar, but, there was pizza in Key West.  And, Birthday Cake.





I saw one great nephew, Phineas, in a play, Friday night.  Saturday, his brother, Cannon, turned 8.

Cannon and family live on the Riviera Canal, so of course, I put a kayak in. 



Into the "mangrove forest" as Phineas said. He said he remembers kayaking with me.  I asked if he wanted to join me. Not today.  He is busy, as Nigel in Matilda, the Musical, at the Waterfront Playhouse. 

























The people were in another tunnel. Thank goodness. I mean, who wants to see people while kayaking?








Key West International. 





A sea oat marked the entrance to the tunnel I had come out of. 






Back in the Riveria Canal



Not sure what the contraption on the back of the boat is.






Fly me to the moon



I went back to Evan and Camilla's








Loaded the kayak, and back to Monica and Bill's


Dinner at the Half Shell Raw Bar. 

I had a shrimp po' boy. Bill, fish and chips.  Monica went raw.  Well half.  A plate of raw oysters, and one of oysters Rockefeller. 



No comments: