Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, January 24, 2022

Rock Springs Run


 My car thermometer read 33 degrees as I entered Wekiva Springs State Park. Above is what happens when 72 degree spring water meets the frigid air.






 Stayed steamy.






Cleared as I began to paddle up Rock Springs Run






















At first I thought the dark object below was a bear.  Its a pig

Piebald pig with the all black one.




Big Buck Campsite. I turned around, here.











There were 2 deer below.

































Back on the Wekiva River, warm enough for alligators to come out.



















Landed at 11:30. Usually I snorkel in Wekiwa Spring before heading to work. It had warmed up enough for me to get in the water, but I had stayed in the kayak too long.  And, no sweat in the cool temps, so I carted the kayak up the hill, loaded the car and headed to work.  With the usual stop at Publix for my lunch/dinner sub.  

No comments: