Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, January 31, 2022

Suwannee River, Fanning Springs to Manatee Springs, Sunday January 30


   Little Fanning Spring

Looking for manatees in the spring, bright, cold and early. 7:19 AM
None were seen. Or, heard



My cabin

24 degrees. When I got home, I did a search for coldest temperature by year since 1988 in Orlando.  I moved to Florida in August 1989. The coldest day was Christmas Eve, 1989. It was 22 degrees.  I was in Key West.  So, 24 degrees is the lowest temperature I have experienced in Florida.


Manatee Springs. Drove there

Biking back to Fanning Springs. I had one less layer than I wore Saturday, and no hat or gloves.  No gales from the north, this day














The last 4 miles of the nearly 12 mile ride was on the Nature Coast State Trail


On the Suwannee at 11:48
Looking into Fanning Springs for manatees. None that I saw










Little Fanning Spring

.

On the way out I had to get out of the kayak to lift it off limestone and cypress knees





.


.
Back on the Suwannee
















.Dock at the Andrews Wildlife Management Area

I did not stop

























In a man made, or a least man widened, canal

A copper colored spring run
.



















.











.





































Suwannee sunset

 




No comments: