Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, January 31, 2022

Suwannee River, Hart Springs to Fanning Springs Saturday, January 29


  Nature Coast Trail

Manatee at Fannings Springs.  I had dropped the kayak off at the Hart Springs boat ramp.

Biking on the Nature Coast Trail, back to Hart Springs





Off the Trail and on the road
Hawk


9.1 mile ride.   A tough ride into a very strong, and cold, north wind

On the Suwannee at 10:53.
I began paddling against the wind and current, to Hart Springs


To no surprise, no one was in the spring, so I paddled in

I figured if anyone saw me, it would take them time to put on a jacket, leave a heated building, and tell me to leave.

.


I was right, I was on my way out when a guy came out and yelled, "Hey! next time, don't go over that rope!"   "OK, sorry"  
Great egret off the spring run

Back on the Suwannee
Passing the boat ramp

And my bike











.Otter Spring Run
Duckweed






Looking towards Otter Spring




Back down the run













Return to the Suwannee



Little Otter Spring is between Otter Spring and this boat ramp.  I  missed the opening. So, I paddled back, and still could not find it.  Same thing happened the last time I was on this section of the Suwannee.  A tree must have fallen, blocking the entrance.  As I have paddled to Little Otter several times in the past.











Copper Spring. Named for its high mineral content. Note the color of the bottom of the trees







Nature Coast Trail bridge ahead


























Fanning Spring






Landed at 4:05. I saw nobody else on the River all day.

Fanning Spring























I think I reserved the cabin on Wednesday.


First time I ever used a "fire" place in a State Park Cabin

I wanted to use one the first weekend of the month, when I was at Lafayette Blue Springs State Park.  Now I know, look for the remote control.  

No comments: