Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Friday, January 28, 2022

Wekiva River


 

On the Wekiva at 4:34. Days are getting long enough to paddle here, instead of Lake Maitland, after work on Friday.


There was a manatee in the lagoon outside Wekiwa Spring.  I did not see it.






.




Testing the zoom on the new used camera


.




I turned around after 45 minutes










.






Back in the lagoon, I looked, and listened for, the manatee.  No sign of it.






 
Looking for the manatee. Not in the spring. I landed at 6:02




I hope the manatee is a fast swimmer. It is about 10 miles to springs near Highway 46.  Manatees this far up the Wekiva is rare.  I have only seen one up stream of Highway 46. That was 14 years ago. I heard about another, last year.  Temps in the mid to high 30's tonight.

No comments: